SE.Asia releases study on media consumptions, Internet and mobile trends key findings this is is only the start
Now in its second year, the Net Index series has recently been launched in Southeast Asia. The study is based on an in-depth, large-scale cross-media habits study of online users that goes beyond Internet media habits. The study is conducted in Vietnam, Indonesia, The Philippines and Malaysia.
Interesting range of countries from highly developed Malaysia to Vietnam at the other end of the scale with the market giant of indonesia in between.
see more of the reports findings at http://ycorpblog.com/2010/06/09/yahoo-netindex/
You can read key finding yourself but how about this for a statistic
- Indonesia, the largest and fastest growing online market in Southeast Asia, has recorded a jump from 22% (2009) to 48% (2010)
- Vietnam, mobile Internet access is picking up fast, nearly doubling year-to-year, from 10% (2008) to 19% (2009). Popular activities are searching for information and listening to music
- Mobile Internet usage is predominantly from a mobile phone with advanced features rather than a smartphone as only 11% own a smartphone
- its got 10million 3G 5 times more than it has broadband user (bmi report in mobi 2009)
- 150 million mobile users Indonesia is 4th largest country in the world with a population of 240Million people
If you want to know more on Indonesia check out this great presentation
Check out this SlideShare Presentation: