Tuesday, May 08, 2007

RIP Cassette tape a salient moment

The news today that Curry's are stopping selling blank audio tapes struck a chord with me . In recent presentations I have contrasted my life and what I have seen with my eldest son Linden a name derived for the lime Tree not Linden Labs in second life. In doing some research using wikipedia I discovered that the notable invention of the year of my birth (1962) was the compact cassette invented by Phillips who didnt take any royalties from it .



http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/07/ntapes07.xml

 


The parallel with the IPOD first sold in 2001 are marked how long the ipod as we know it last . The figure recently reached on 100 million iPODS sold



I also contrast he is now seven and I was seven in 1969 the year man landed on the moon .

but don't worry 88million tapes were sold in Turkey and 80 million in India . The Taliban also tried to ban them in Afghanistan



cassette tape at checkpoint

No comments: