Sunday, December 21, 2008

You have to go through it to understand

I blogged Alan Johnstone release back in July

http://andysblackhole.blogspot.com/2007/07/bbc-news-world-middle-east-bbcs.html

I woke up this morning to here this amazing interview of Alan Johnston interviewing  Ingrid Betancourt who was held for five years Columbian Farc rebels . Made particularity poignant by Alan himself having been held captive for four months in the Gaze early this year .
 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/news/2008/12/081218_betancourt.shtml

Listen and be humbled by insight into the role of hope despair an the power of family and friends and strangers. Plus the praise for the humble radio.

Now I don't send Christmas cards Medicine an frontiere, Oxfam and Amnesty get my cash I would have spent instead . But if you want a Christmas piece to make your reflect on what you have rather than what you lack just listen .

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Varun G said...

Wish u Merry Christmas. I liked your Christmas post... I also want to present my Christmas 2009 just like yours. Would you be interested to exchange link with my PR4 Blog.picat